Saturday, May 15, 2010

Better Not to be Born

One of my readers send me a link to the documentary "Out in the Silence". It's a documentary/film following the story of a small American town confronting a firestorm of controversy ignited by a same-sex wedding announcement in the local newspaper. It really made me sit up and think, made me sad at times, angry and also gave me hope. Any homosexual who have ever been told "It would have been better not to be born", you should watch this film. Homophobia may still be rife, but always know you are not alone. You are part of our community where you are loved and special no matter what ignorant people may say or do.


Out in the Silence Trailer

4 comments:

valentino said...

Beautiful Trailer ! It really touch me..

Anonymous said...

I for one am glad you were born, as I enjoy reading your blog! It is good that a film has addressed this issue, and I hope it helps the gay community.

Bitter Bitches said...

@valentino, please spread the word of the documentary!

Anonymous, none of us should be made to feel ashamed for who or what we are. Each and every person are special in their own way. I too hope this film helps open people's eyes and promote tolerance and understanding.

Roshni said...

That's a particularly cruel thing to say to ANYONE!! Really troubling.

More articles you might like

Related Posts with Thumbnails